Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mama, I Want to Write



     I’ve been flirting with the idea of starting a blog for the longest time now for several reasons:

1.       I have A LOT to say.
2.       I have some very interesting opinions that I think the world should know about.
3.       I want to introduce myself to the world as a writer on a quest to be published.
4.       I believe sharing my personal experiences with others could possibly help someone else.

     I know you may be asking, “What kind of things have you gone through that’s worth reading about? Well, you will just have to keep reading to find out.

     To be completely honest, it has taken me awhile to warm up to the art of blogging. I mean, anyone can start one.  It doesn’t have to have any literary merit or even proper spelling.  There are no fact checkers and not any real guidelines or rules.  Yet, I can’t ignore the undeniable power of a good blogger with a great blog, and wonderful followers.

     I also have a very real fear.  The internet is permanent. Old and embarrassing profiles on the social networking sites from back in the day have a way of creeping back up on you.  I don’t want to get caught like Congresswoman Michele Bauchman when Bill Maher outed her for dabbling in witchcraft as a teenager.  It didn’t help her presidential campaign and something like that will not help my career as a Christian writer.

Hey, I gotta start somewhere, so- welcome to the Gleanse.

Glean-
1.       To gather slowly and laboriously, bit by bit.
2.       To gather (grain or the like) after the reapers or regular gatherers.
3.       To learn, discover, or find out, usually little by little or slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment