Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In Search of Satisfaction





     Today, I have satisfaction on my mind. It's not by chance that my favorite book of all time is In Search of Satisfaction by J. California Cooper.

     I can confidently say that writing satisfies me. It grounds me and gives me purpose.  I can't not do it.  I can't afford not to do it.

     Each person has a 'thing' specific to their personality; tailor-made for them that enriches their experience on earth.  God has given me words for my personal enjoyment.  Others may have a love for dolls, horses or comic books. 

     For me, words are always there to help me get through any situation and express my true feelings.  Writing is a dependable friend; always there and sticks closer than a brother. Even if I can't write the words down at the exact moment they come to me, I can play with them in my mind, re-arrange them and speak them aloud to gauge their potential impact.

I thank God for this gift.  It may not seem like much to you just like I may not understand your fascination with the latest fashion trends but what we can agree on and connect on is the passion we have for our desired paths.

What satisfies you?

No comments:

Post a Comment