Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chopped and Screwed

            

Do you know of anyone who talks a lot but really doesn't say a thing? At the end of the conversation, you still don't know anything more? Or even understand what the whole conversation was about?  
 
I've learned that's how life can turn out if I am not intentional about my thoughts and actions. It used to baffle me when my father would randomly say- "watch what you're doing, Alison," when I wasn't in the process of doing or saying anything. Now I see how it can apply to my life. It is so easy to get off track of your life's purpose and to end up further than you meant to go and stay longer than you meant to stay.
The descent can start off slow; realizing your behavior isn't beneficial to the life you want to live but brush it off as no big deal and there are worse things you could be doing. I know I've done it. You remind yourself that you are a good person and everyone makes mistakes. Besides, everyone is always commending you for how awesome you are. Of course, God knows your heart but there is also a still voice reminding you that if you know the right thing to do and don't do it, you are in rebellion. You are lying to yourself.
I am committing to stop lying to myself. It's a process. I have to fight the persistent thoughts of 'I'm grown and I can do and not do what I choose.' Now I choose to stop chopping and screwing the truth to fit my personal desires.

Have you been chopping and screwing some things in your life? 

Some believe its the nature that is given to men
He had a good gig, a wife, a kid, a decent home
One reason or another couldn't find peace at home
She asked, "Why do men always have to stray?"
He said, "I'm bad, not as bad as Eric Benet"

                                                             ~Faithful by Common








What are your thoughts? Leave me a comment or just to say hi, girl.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm learning to truly let go of my past errors and embarrassing moments!

    ReplyDelete