Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Writer's Story







My blog posts have been few and far between lately because I have been feeling so uninspired and underwhelmed.


thegleanse is still trying to "find itself." Maybe it needs to drop everything and go backpacking across Europe, open a wilderness store or become a farmer like others have done in an effort to "find themselves."


I believe in only writing when I have something to say; not just because I have a self-appointed schedule to maintain. I don't want my work to feel forced or contrived.



Maybe the uninspired bit is a cop out for "artistic types." I should just sit at my computer until the words come to me; eventually they will. I know they will. So that is what I am going to do; at least for today.



I've always had a passion for writing and decided to make it a reality in 2008. I was inspired by the USA Network's t.v. drama, The Starter Wife. Debra Messing's character, recently divorced from her studio executive husband, pursues her dream of being a writer by finding a writing group to be apart of. I thought "there must be a group like that in Birmingham." Haphazardly, I stumbled upon Women Writing for (a) Change during an internet search and my first Christian fiction novel,

. . . and you win some was born.











If you haven't had a chance, check out an
excerpt

from the book. It has gone through so many revisions over the years after receiving feedback from many different sources. I promise it will be available soon to purchase in hard copy and ebook form. This is a self-financed endeavor so I work as the funds become available.


It is currently going through the copy editing process with a professional after all of my layperson eyes have given me their feedback. Every author needs an editor, I firmly believe that.


I can't wait for you to meet Daniel, Wynsome, Michelle, Jodie and the other compelling characters in this funny, intriguing, and thought provoking book.


Keep checking back at thegleanse for more updates and more excerpts, ya hear! Oh yea, tell me in the comment section what you think about the book cover. . .

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover! I was trying to imagine how the cover would look; great chose. I am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the cover and am excited to see the finshed book. It's great to have been on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete