Friday, November 1, 2013

It's Never Too Late. . .

. . . to #bloglikecrazy
 
 
I'd like to say that I have been on a planned hiatus from blogging to focus on self-publishing my first novel, . . .and you win some but that would be a lie. (By the way, the anticipated release date of my book is November 13th on www.amazon.com. )

The truth is: I'm a slacker.
 
But it is never too late to start again.
 
It is tempting to give up when so much time has lapsed since the last time you worked on that thing. You know, that thing you started researching but got sidetracked by unexpected circumstances; that thing you were so excited about but was immediately shot down when you shared it with your family and/or friends; that thing you talked yourself out of doing for various reasons; that thing you actually finished but was disheartened by an expert's opinion.
 
But it is never too late to start again.
 
That burning desire you have for that thing is inside you for a reason and your soul will not be able to rest until you do it. You were created to do that thing.

When you see me slacking on my blog, leave me a comment, tweet me @msasmoore or facebook me and say, hey get your hands back on that keyboard!  Accountability is important and I need to know that my readers miss me :-)
 
I challenge you to start again that thing you've always wanted to do. Study for that dental entrance exam, finish your master's degree (another thing I dropped), write that novel or autobiography, get more fit and healthy, start that ministry or volunteer project, apply for that job, or call that friend or family member you haven't talked to in awhile. 
 
Fill in the blank ________________________________________
 
 
So what's that thing you need to start again?

9 comments:

  1. You're right, Alison. It's never too late to take the steps to do the thing you're destined and called to do.

    Every day is a gift and a new opportunity. Take it. And then do the best you can do to move forward, even if just a tiny bit.

    Cheering for you.
    Sheree
    http://shereemartin.com

    PS: I've never understood why I can't post as an actual Google user, since I have Google accounts out the wazoo. But I always show up as Unknown in blogspot commenting system (and WordPress.com won't let me log in, even though I manage multiple WordPress.com and .org blogs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great message and I'm so glad you're joining us for #bloglikecrazy! Keep us posted on that book, too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sheree! Are you blogging like crazy too? Javacia, I'm enjoying #bloglikecrazy! Self-publishing is such a frightening experience but I am moving along anyway. I'll definitely keep See Jane Write updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So True! No matter what delays (self imposed or not) we run into it is never to late to go after the things we want and desire in our lives. Especially if they are our passions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should keep people around us who will remind us of that, Mrsteeh

      Delete
  5. You are absolutely right! The closer I creep towards my 40s, the more and more I use the excuse "It's too late... I'm too old". But like you said, IT'S NEVER TOO LATE! Thank you so much for this inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love #bloglikecrazy! What a cool hashtag. Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I only lasted 9 days but I had fun doing it and can't wait to do it again next year!

      Delete