Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Who is TED?

#bloglikecrazy 



Javacia Harris Bowser asked See Jane Write members to blog about their favorite TED Talk.
I have a confession to make: I don't know TED and what he talks about. I've heard people rave about Ted Talks in passing but I've never taken the time to listen to one.

This assignment gave me an opportunity to find out more about the TED organization and share my findings with my readers. I'm sure many of you haven't discovered TED yet either.

I started my research with my most trusted source for information other than Jon Stewart, Steven Corbert, and FOX News: Wikipedia. TED's mission statement sounds in line with my mission statement for thegleanse.blogspot.com. What do you think?

According to Wikipedia, TED's mission statement begins:
We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. So we're building here a clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other.
 
It was my plan to watch a TED Talk to further my research for this post. When I got to the website, I felt overwhelmed and I'm tired and hungry. So, tell me about your favorite TED Talk. Or tell me about one you have heard is worth checking out. I promise I'll look in to it, after I find something to eat and take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Here's the one I wrote about today for #bloglikecrazy:
    http://wp.me/p3YYKt-3b

    If you're new to TED, I cannot recommend Brene Brown's two talks highly enough. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love TED talks! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete