Sunday, January 12, 2014

When I Move, You Move






Numbers 9:15-16 The day The Dwelling was set up, the Cloud covered The Dwelling of the Tent of Testimony. From sunset until daybreak it was over The Dwelling. It looked like fire. It was like that all the time, the Cloud over The Dwelling and at night looking like fire. 17-23 When the Cloud lifted above the Tent, the People of Israel marched out; and when the Cloud descended the people camped. The People of Israel marched at God’s command and they camped at his command. As long as the Cloud was over The Dwelling, they camped. Even when the Cloud hovered over The Dwelling for many days, they honored God’s command and wouldn’t march. They stayed in camp, obedient to God’s command, as long as the Cloud was over The Dwelling, but the moment God issued orders they marched. If the Cloud stayed only from sunset to daybreak and then lifted at daybreak, they marched. Night or day, it made no difference—when the Cloud lifted, they marched. It made no difference whether the Cloud hovered over The Dwelling for two days or a month or a year, as long as the Cloud was there, they were there. And when the Cloud went up, they got up and marched. They camped at God’s command and they marched at God’s command. They lived obediently by God’s orders as delivered by Moses.
 
 
 
Several years ago, I discovered this passage of scripture and it has had a profound impact on me ever since. I am amazed at how God led His people with such a visible sign and in such an intimate way.

For the longest, God’s will seemed to be such an elusive thing; like finding the key in a video game to unlock the next level. But I’ve learned that it is just as simple as it is stated in the above scripture. I don’t move, until I see God move. If I don’t see Him moving, I stay right where I am.

That is not the answer you want to hear if you are ready to move. We surmise that this must not be God and refuse to accept it causing ourselves a lot of heartache, pain, and frustration.

This scripture makes me feel uncomfortable too because it states that the people had to be prepared to go at a moment’s notice; kinda like Survivor contestants don’t know when they will be voted off so they must have all of their stuff packed by ever tribal council, but with a little more complication. The Israelites had to break down the camp, pack it up, and make sure all of the holy parts stayed holy. They had no time to get comfortable because they had to stay ready.

Let me tell ya, it takes a whole lot more energy to try to make things happen before it is time and you still won’t be successful. Why? Because it’s not time! Save yourself some heartache and trust God; only move when He tells you to move.

Share with me in the comment section what pattern you are in right now- a waiting pattern or is it time to move?

1 comment:

  1. I am in this spot where I am stuck. Like S.T.U.C.K! I need to find a rhythm to our days. However, it's so much easier to NOT do anything than to really work HARD at something. Thanks for reminder that I'm not a fan of being in a waiting pattern and it's up to me to make the changes.

    ReplyDelete