Wednesday, May 14, 2014

No New Friends

 
 
 
No, I don’t want you to bring me something to eat for us to just chill at my house and watch movies. No, I don’t want to see you every once in a while on my days off. Don’t nobody have time for that. Besides, I have enough friends I can do that with; I don’t need anymore.
 
I’m not saying I don’t need or want a man. I’m not that chick. God created us for companionship and I look forward to having a life-long mate.
 
I feel you, I know there are guys out there that will tell me they want the same things I want just to get with me but I’m definitely not going to willing and knowingly waste my time hanging out with someone who I know just wants to hang out. I don’t have time to waste.
 
Now, I’m welcome to any new friends who share my same interest in music, film, books, writing, and Christ. Those are the kind of new friends I’m looking for. We can hang out over coffee (or wine) and discuss the issues of the day and our relationships with God. But if you just want to be my "friend"….umm, no.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment