Friday, February 6, 2015

Dream Catcher



I believe God speaks to me in dreams. Yet, I often have weird dreams so I don’t know which ones to pay attention to and which ones to ignore. For example, I had a dream that I was driving down Highway 78 with Def Jam artist, Joe Budden. He stops the car abruptly and is ejected from the car. At the same time, Russell Simmons was driving towards us from the opposite direction. I woke up. What am I supposed to do with that? Email Def Jam? So, I would put this dream in the category of ignore.
 
Ever since I was a child, I’ve had a reoccurring dream about being stuck in a room with the hamburgler. More recently, I’ve had an incessant dream where I fear telling my parents I’m flunking out of college when I graduated 11 years ago!
 
Over the summer, I had two dreams. In one, I’m driving and I lose sight of the dark windy road. I can’t see where I’m going but finally I come to a lighted area where I can see my way again. In my second dream, I’m driving down a pitch black road and can’t see anything. All of a sudden, I fall down a cliff- going down, down, down. It seemed endless. I woke up before I landed on anything. I put this dream in the category of crazy but I ended up having a terrible car accident on September 26.
 
Are dreams cautionary warnings? Can/will the outcome change if we take heed to them?
Some of my dreams have proven to be prophetic for me and other people in my life. I didn’t tell a particular person about a dream I had about them until it came true 2 years later. They asked me why didn’t I tell them when I had the dream. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t know what to think of it and even if I mentioned it, would the outcome change?
 
How do you feel about dreams?
 
Share your crazy dreams in the comments so I'll know I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment