Tuesday, November 10, 2015

"The Impostor Syndrome"

#BlogLikeCrazy



As I was reading through See Jane Write's founder's blog, I ran across this phrase, "impostor syndrome."  That struck a cord with me. I often feel like an impostor in this writing and blogging game. Even though I have started a blog and self-published a book, I don't feel qualified to speak on these issues.

I started blogging because I wanted to build a platform and audience for myself as a writer. Also, I have a lot of stuff to say and I want to share those thoughts with the world or my readers, at least. I believe I have talent but sometimes I lose focus and become discouraged.

Oh, and there is the fact that I am lazy. I don't like that word so I Googled antonyms and decided to go with un-persevering.  That sounds more accurate. Promoting a book and a blog seems like such a daunting task and I become disheartened when I don't get an expected amount of page views, likes or comments. I don't want to be disappointed when something doesn't turn out the way I wanted it to so I just give up. It is much more comfortable and safe to be just an employee and collect a check.

But its this nagging guilty feeling I get when I don't write. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment