Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Who Needs Friends Like Olivia Pope?

Every time I watch Scandal, I am intrigued by how loyal her employees/friends are at Olivia Pope and Associates (OPA). (By the way, Scandal returns in just 3 weeks on February 11th!)
 
In life, if you have a tight knit group of 2-3 friends you are doing good. True friends; friends that will help you stay out of trouble are essential in navigating this mean, cold world. I am so grateful to God for my close friends Amber, Angela and Coretta.
 
A few months ago my father's cousin passed away suddenly. She was in her late fifties and hadn't kept in touch with any of her family members besides my father. But, she had this close knit group of friends and a devoted boyfriend. The responsibility of planning her funeral fell on my father's shoulders and he did a beautiful job. I was  impressed with how insistent her friends were for her to have a proper burial complete with a chapel service and repast instead of just a graveside service.
 
 
Olivia Pope is not that kind of friend. The people that work for her are supposed to be more like family than friends but from the beginning, she has been doing her buddy Huck wrong.
 
 
Olivia Pope & Huck - This is the wonderful man I named my dog after, he saved me!!!:
 
 
For the two people in the world who do not watch Scandal, Huck is a United States-trained assassin and torturer who LOVED his job but started having disagreements with his boss. Huck credits Olivia for saving him; delivering him from that horrid, inhumane life and is aiding him in his recovery. Yet, in Screwtape-like fashion,  she constantly asks Huck to use his prior job experience to help her do her job. She'll say, "Huck, can you handle this? Is this going to set you back? If it is, you don't have to do it."
 
Scandal - What do you need olivia ill get my drill? Love Huck!: Olivia Pope, Things Scandal, Scandal Tv, Guillermo Díaz, Guillermo Diaz Scandal 1 5, Funny Stuff, Scandalous Bitches
 
 
 
How do you ask an addict to do their preferred drug of choice and not be negatively affected by it? And of course Huck is not going to say no to the woman who saved him. Really, who needs friends like that?! That's a toxic situation. Olivia pretends like she is concerned about Huck's welfare but actually, she just wants to get the job done for the personal satisfaction of declaring, "It's handled."
 
 
And may I also add that she gave her friend and fellow gladiator, Harrison a graveside service.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment